Saturday, September 20, 2014

DIFFER-en-ti-a-tion: You're Doing It Wrong

Researchers at the National Center on Accessing the General Curriculum define differentiated instruction as "a process to approach teaching and learning for students of differing abilities in the same class.  The intent is to maximize each student's growth and individual success by meeting each student where he or she is."
I've always strived to differentiate - based on ability, readiness, learning style, experience, student voice & choice.
Each year, though, the students arriving at my doorstep are more and more complex.
I want to meet them where they are.  But finding them is getting tough.  
Sometimes I chase their ghosts down into the cave, or watch their eyes float through the sky, or try to grab the shadow that remains when the consciousness, the conscience-ness has left.
I won't stop.
Click here to see my attempt to parse them out: 



No comments:

Post a Comment